Floor drill press are a type of drill press that is mounted on the floor instead of on a bench. This type of drill press is more stable and can handle larger projects than a bench-top drill press. If you are looking for the best floor drill press under $500, there are a few options that you can consider.
Let’s find out with Bestsmarttool which floor drill is right for you!
1. WEN 4214 12-Inch Variable Speed Drill Press,Orange
The WEN 4214 12-inch variable speed drill press is a great addition to any shop. It has a durable 23hp induction motor that develops ample torque and power. The infinitely variable speed ranges from 580 to 3,200 RPM, and the mechanical variable speed delivers equal torque throughout the range. The LED read out displays the speed, and the spindle travel is 318 with an easy to read locking linear depth stop for accurate and repeatable drilling operations. The front to the back of the motor is 22 inches, and the quill diameter is 2.17 inches. The cast iron worktable features rack and pinion height adjustment and bevels up to 45 degrees left and right. The drill press height from the floor to the top is 37 inches. The included drill press, mechanical variable speed, laser, table, roller extension, 58 keyed chuck, and key tools for assembly make this a great value.
- Infinitely variable speed ranges from 580-3200 RPMS. Mechanical variable speed delivers equal torque throughout the range. LED read out displays speed.
- Spindle Travel of 3-1/8" with easy to read, locking linear depth stop for accurate and repeatable drilling operations. Front to the back of the motor is 22 inches
- Quill diameter of 2.17 inches. Durable 2/3hp induction motor develops ample torque and power. Motor: 120 V, 60 Hz. Laser Module: Class III
- 9-1/2 x 9-1/2" cast iron worktable features rack & pinion height adjustment and bevels up to 45 Degree left & right. Width with the handles: 14-1/2"
- Includes drill press, mechanical variable speed, laser, table roller extension, 5/8" keyed chuck & key, tools for assembly.Drill press Height from the Floor to the top: 37 inch
2. Stark Stationary Floor Drill Press Variable 16 Speed Stand | 220 to 3600 RPM | 11-Inch Swing Adjustable Height with Base
The Stark Stationary Floor Drill Press Variable 16 Speed Stand 220 to 3600 RPM 11Inch Swing Adjustable Height with BaseBeleving Work Table Level the 11Inch diameter table 45degree in either direction for angled drilling operationDepth Adjustment Gauge Set the depth adjustment lever to limit your spindle travel for accurate repeatable drilling operations Drill directly through the center of a circle measuring up to 11Inches in diameter and 3Inches in thicknessBuildIn Precision Guild The specifies the exact spot that the bit will travel through for maximum precision during drillingHeavy Duty Base Sturdy base prevent walking and wobbling during operation with bolt holes to mount the drill press to a bench top of your choice16 Speed Operation Drill Press with adjustable speed of 16 various stop ranging from 220 to 3600 RPM Suitable for drilling expanding and reaming operations on metals and other materials It can be widely used in singlepiece or massproduced instrument industry machinery manufacturing and repair parts.
- Beleving Work Table - Level the 11-Inch diameter table 45-degree in either direction for angled drilling operation
- Depth Adjustment Gauge - Set the depth adjustment lever to limit your spindle travel for accurate & repeatable drilling operations; Drill directly through the center of a circle measuring up to 11-Inches in diameter and 3-Inches in thickness
- Build-In Precision Guild - The specifies the exact spot that the bit will travel through for maximum precision during drilling;
- Heavy Duty Base - Sturdy base prevent walking and wobbling during operation with bolt holes to mount the drill press to a bench top of your choice
- 16 Speed Operation - Drill Press with adjustable speed of 16 various stop ranging from 220 to 3600 RPM; Suitable for drilling, expanding, and reaming operations on metals and other materials. It can be widely used in single-piece or mass-produced instrument industry, machinery manufacturing and repair parts.
3. GENERAL INTERNATIONAL 15″ Floor Mount Drill Press – 5A 16 Speed Drilling Machine with LED Worklight & Laser Alignment System – DP2006
- PRECISE CUTTING - Patented cross-pattern precision 1mW Class II laser alignment and centering guide for accurate cutting. Also, includes unique built-in LED work light to illuminate the work table.
- HIGH-POWERED MOTOR - Comes standard with a powerful 550 watt, 120V~60HZ motor.
- TILTING TABLE DESIGN - Tilt the work table from 0-45 degrees allowing for versitile adjustment & precision.
- 16 SPEEDS - Make cuts at 16 different speeds between 240-3200 rpm.
- SIMPLE DEPTH ADJUSTMENT - Comes equipped with adjustable threaded-rod depth stop with scale.
4. Shop Fox W1848 Oscillating Floor Drill Press
The Shop Fox W1848 Oscillating Floor Drill Press is a motorized drill press that is designed for heavy-duty use. It has a 34 HP motor and can swing a drill chuck up to 16 inches in diameter. It also has a range of speeds from 250 to 3050 RPM.
The Shop Fox W1848 Oscillating Floor Drill Press is a well-made and durable drill press that can handle heavy-duty use. It has a powerful 34 HP motor and a range of speeds from 250 to 3050 RPM. It also has a large drill chuck that can accommodate up to 16 inches in diameter.
However, the Shop Fox W1848 Oscillating Floor Drill Press is also quite expensive. It is one of the most expensive drill presses on the market. It also requires a lot of space, so it may not be suitable for everyone.
- Motor: 3/4 HP, 110V
- Swing: 13-3/4"
- Drill chuck: 1/64"-5/8"
- Arbor: JT-33
- Range of speeds: 250-3050 RPM
5. JET JDP-20MF, 20-Inch Floor Drill Press, 1Ph 115/230V (354170)
The JET JDP20MF 20-Inch Floor Drill Press is a versatile power tool that can be used for a variety of projects. With a 112 HP motor and 12 speeds from 150 to 4200 RPM, this drill press can handle a wide range of materials and tasks. It also features a quick adjustment system that allows you to easily change the depth of your cuts, and a smooth operation system that ensures a smooth, consistent performance. Additionally, this drill press has a built-in work lamp that provides added visibility to your workspace, and a quick-release crank-operated worktable that can tilt up to 45 degrees.
- Versatile Power: 1-1/2 HP motor with 12 speeds from 150 to 4,200 RPM.
- Quick Adjusmentments: 1/2"-diameter external depth stop with three-nut locking feature.
- Smooth Operation: Spindle is supported by high-quality ball bearings.
- Added Visibility: Built-in work lamp illuminates your workspace.
- Ideal Positioning: Quick-release crank-operated worktable can tilt plus /- 45°.
A drill press is a machine used to drill holes in a workpiece. The workpiece is mounted on a table, and the drill head is mounted on a vertical spindle. The drill head contains a drill bit, and the table contains a T-slot for mounting the workpiece. The drill bit is inserted into the chuck, which is mounted on the drill head. The drill bit is rotated by a motor, and the workpiece is drilled.
There are many different types of drill presses, but the best floor drill press under 500 is the best choice for most people. It is important to understand the features of a drill press before making a purchase.
1. What are the key features of a drill press?
The key features of a drill press include the table size, the stroke length, the speed, and the power. The table size is the size of the table on which the workpiece is mounted. The stroke length is the distance the drill bit travels up and down. The speed is the number of revolutions the drill bit makes per minute. The power is the horsepower of the motor.
2. What is the difference between a floor drill press and a benchtop drill press?
A floor drill press is mounted on the floor, and a benchtop drill press is mounted on a bench or table. A floor drill press is larger and has a larger table than a benchtop drill press. A floor drill press is more powerful than a benchtop drill press.
3. What is the difference between a horizontal drill press and a vertical drill press?
A horizontal drill press is mounted so that the drill bit is horizontal, and a vertical drill press is mounted so that the drill bit is vertical. A horizontal drill press is more powerful than a vertical drill press.
4. What is the difference between a standard drill bit and a hole saw?
A standard drill bit is used to drill holes in a workpiece, and a hole saw is used to drill large holes in a workpiece. A hole saw is larger than a standard drill bit.
5. What is the difference between a drill press and a power drill?
A drill press is a machine that drills holes in a workpiece, and a power drill is a hand-held drill that is used to drill holes in a workpiece. A drill press is more powerful than a power drill.