Are you looking for the best portable inverter generator under $500? If so, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ll introduce you to the best portable inverter generators on the market, so you can make an informed decision about which one is right for you.
Portable inverter generators are a great way to provide power for your home or business in the event of a power outage. They’re also great for camping, tailgating, and other outdoor activities.
When choosing a portable inverter generator, it’s important to consider your power needs. The size of the generator, the type of engine, and the fuel type are all important factors to consider.
Bestsmarttool done the research for you and compiled a list of the best portable inverter generators under $500. We’ll go over the features of each one and help you decide which one is right for you.
1. Generac 7118 Portable Generator, Parallel Cord, Multi
Generac 7118 Portable Generator Parallel Cord
When you need more power than a single portable generator can provide, you can connect two generators together using a Generac 7118 Portable Generator Parallel Cord. This allows you to run two generators in parallel to provide up to 3230 running watts and 4400 starting watts.
The parallel cord is easy to use. Just connect the two generators together using the included cables, and then connect your loads to the kits L530R twist lock or TT30R RV receptacles. The easy access storage compartment in the back keeps power cables safe when not in use.
The Generac 7118 Portable Generator Parallel Cord is rated for 120 VAC amperage of 282 when paralleled.
- Double your power – connect two inverters together for 2 times the power, up to 3,230 running watts and 4,400 starting watts
- Connect your loads to the kit's L5-30R twist lock or TT-30R (RV) receptacles
- Easy access storage compartment in the back keeps power cables safe when not in use
- Rated 120 VAC amperage is 28.2 when paralleled
2. VEVOR Hand Power Generator 30W
Have you ever been in an emergency situation where you needed power but didn’t have any way to get it? Or maybe you’re just someone who likes to be prepared for anything? If so, you might want to consider investing in a hand crank power generator.
There are a lot of different hand crank generators on the market, so it can be tough to decide which one is right for you. In this article, we’ll take a look at the pros and cons of the VEVOR Hand Power Generator 30W.
This crank power generator features hightech magnetic conversion technology and the outer case is made from highstrength aluminum diecast material that is shockproof. It also has a DCDC voltage regulator with a multifunctional output port for various uses.
The hand generator is designed with a crank that is manually powered by hand. It is also waterproof, shockproof, and salt spray resistant. Plus, it can be used in high altitude and lowtemperature environments.
The small crank generator is lightweight and convenient to carry, and it can be used by hand or fixed in place. It can also be directly charged for the batteries.
The hand crank generator is suitable for small power communication stations, walkietalkie, laptop computers, satellite phones, mobile phones, cameras, digital cameras, portable mobile TV, and other electric tools.
So, what are the pros and cons of the VEVOR Hand Power Generator 30W?
- The hand generator is waterproof, shockproof, and salt spray resistant.
- It can be used in high altitude and lowtemperature environments.
- It is lightweight and convenient to carry.
- It has a DCDC voltage regulator with a multifunctional output port.
- It is suitable for a variety of uses.
- Durable Material: This crank power generator features high-tech magnetic conversion technology, and the outer case is high-strength aluminum die-cast material that is shockproof.
- Multifunctional Output Port: The hand generator is designed with a DC-DC voltage regulator with a multifunctional output port for various uses. It is suitable for small power communication stations.
- Hand Crank Generator: The crank generator is manually powered by hand, waterproof, shockproof, salt spray resistant, and generates electricity in high altitude and low-temperature environment.
- Easy to Operate: The small crank generator is lightweight, convenient, and easy to carry anywhere. You can use it by hand with the bracket or fixed it. It can be directly charged for the batteries.
- Various Uses: The hand crank generator is suitable for small power communication stations, walkie-talkie, laptop computers, satellite phones, mobile phones, cameras, digital cameras, portable mobile TV, and other electric tools.
3. Cobra PRO 2500W Professional Grade Power Inverter, Portable – 2500-Watt Car Charger, 4 Grounded AC Outlets, 2 Fast Charge USB Ports and Remote Controller (CPIALCDG1) Compatible
When you’re on the go, you need to be able to power your devices. With the Cobra PRO 2500W Professional Grade Power Inverter, you can power up to four devices at once. The PRO 2500W has four grounded AC outlets, two USB ports, and a remote controller. This inverter is perfect for charging your smartphones, laptops, electronics, and appliances.
The PRO 2500W has a peak power of 5000W and a continuous power of 2500W. With 2500 watts of Modified Sine Wave power, you’ll be able to charge and power your smartphones, laptops, electronics, and appliances safely and reliably. The PRO 2500W is also compatible with the Cobra remote controller, so you can monitor and charge devices with Fast Charge USB from anywhere inside your vehicle. The remote includes 30 AMP USBA and USBC ports.
The PRO 2500W has five levels of protection: over temperature, reverse polarity, over voltage, low voltage alarm, and low voltage cutoff. The PRO 2500W also has a 2-year warranty.
- 2500W CONTINUOUS / 5000W PEAK POWER - With 2500 Watts of Modified Sine Wave power, you'll be able to charge and power your smartphones, laptops, electronics, entertainment devices, power tools, kitchen and bath appliances - safely and reliably.
- PERFECT FOR ENTERTAINMENT - The CPI2500W gives power supply through four grounded AC outlets for office equipment, entertainment devices, power tools, kitchen and bathroom appliances drawing up to 2500 watts from your car, truck, RV or boat.
- COBRA REMOTE CONTROLLER COMPATIBLE - Monitor and charge devices with Fast Charge USB from anywhere inside your vehicle. The remote includes 3.0 AMP USB-A and USB-C ports. A 7-color LED indicator displays battery voltage and current consumption.
- 4 GFCI PROTECTED AC OUTLETS - Power up to 4 of your devices, tools, or large-sized appliances with grounded AC outlets. Also includes heavy-duty direct-to-battery cables (2 Red & 2 Black 48” 2 AWG cables) to run your appliances within easy reach.
- PENTAGON PROTECTION SAFETY & 2 YEAR WARRANTY - To keep you safe, the PRO 3000W includes 5 levels of protection: Over Temperature, Reverse Polarity, Over Voltage, Low Voltage Alarm, and Low Voltage Cutoff; as well as industry-leading 2-year warranty.
4. Powermate PM3000i P0080601 Gas Inverter Generator 3000 Watt 50 ST, Powered by Generac
If you’re looking for a reliable and affordable gas-powered inverter generator, the Powermate PM3000i P0080601 is a great option. It offers 3000 watts of power, a 50-hour run time, and a 106-gallon fuel tank. It’s also extremely quiet, with less than 3 total harmonic distortion.
The Powermate PM3000i is powered by a GeneracPowerdial recoil start. This integrated start system makes it easy to use – you just need to turn the dial to the desired setting. There are three settings to choose from: Off, Run, and Cold Start.
The PM3000i is also lightweight and easy to transport, thanks to its built-in handle. It’s the perfect generator for home use, camping, tailgating, and more.
- Powerdial Recoil Start (Off/Run/Cold Start) offers three settings integrated into one simple-to-use dial.
- Ultra quiet performance with fully enclosed case.
- RPM+ automatically adjusts engine RPM based on load demand to reduce sound emissions and conserve fuel.
- Clean, stable power with less than 3% total harmonic distortion for safe operation of sensitive electronics. 1.06 Gallon fuel tank provides a 5.8 hour run time at 25% load.
- Lightweight design with built-in handle for easy portability. Powermate OHV Engine provides consistent power for multiple applications. Low-oil level shutdown prevents engine damage.
5. Sun Joe SJG4100LP-TV1 Portable Propane Generator
The Sun Joe SJG4100LPTV1 Portable Propane Generator is a great option for those looking for an affordable and reliable generator. This generator is powered by propane and comes with a number of great features, including PRO POWER3X technology, PowerSTART, PowerCOOL, and PowerFUEL. The PRO POWER3X technology ensures smooth and consistent power, while the PowerSTART feature allows you to start the unit up to 400 times on a single charge. The PowerCOOL feature keeps the generator running cool, even when it’s working hard, and the PowerFUEL feature ensures a longer runtime. The integrated control panel also provides multiple outlet options for your electronic devices, appliances, RVs, campers, and more. The collapsible transport handle and onboard tank storage make it easy to wheel the generator around the home, RV, campground, or worksite.
Do you need a portable inverter generator? If you frequently take camping trips, go on outdoor adventures, or need backup power in case of a power outage, then you may benefit from having a portable inverter generator.
Inverter generators are a great option for portable power because they are quiet, lightweight, and fuel-efficient. They also produce clean, stable power, which is ideal for electronics and sensitive equipment.
If you’re in the market for a portable inverter generator, here are five FAQs to help you choose the right one:
1. What size inverter generator do I need?
When choosing an inverter generator, you need to consider the wattage requirements of the devices you plan to power. The wattage of an appliance is the amount of power it uses to run. You can find the wattage rating of an appliance on the label or in the owner’s manual.
In general, you should choose an inverter generator that has a wattage rating that is at least equal to the sum of the wattages of the devices you plan to power. For example, if you plan to power a laptop (50 watts) and a TV (100 watts), you should choose an inverter generator with a wattage rating of at least 150 watts.
2. What type of fuel does the inverter generator run on?
Inverter generators run on a variety of fuels, including gasoline, propane, and diesel. Some models also run on natural gas.
When choosing a fuel type, you need to consider the availability and cost of the fuel in your area, as well as the type of equipment you plan to power. For example, if you plan to power a RV, you will need a generator that runs on propane.
3. How loud is the inverter generator?
Inverter generators are typically quieter than traditional generators. Some models are as quiet as 52 decibels, which is about the noise level of a normal conversation.
If noise is a concern, be sure to choose an inverter generator that has a low noise rating.
4. How portable is the inverter generator?
Inverter generators are typically lightweight and portable. Some models weigh as little as 26 pounds, making them easy to carry around.
Be sure to choose a model that is easy to transport, especially if you plan to use it for camping or outdoor activities.
5. What are the warranty terms?
When purchasing an inverter generator, be sure to check the warranty terms. Many models come with a warranty of one to three years.
The warranty should cover the cost of parts and labor if the generator experiences a problem. It’s also a good idea to purchase an extended warranty if the generator is expensive.