There are a lot of different types of safety glasses on the market these days. It can be tough to know which ones are the best for woodworking. In this article, Bestsmarttool will introduce the best safety glasses for woodworking and explain why they’re the best choice for the job.
Woodworking can be a dangerous activity if the proper safety precautions are not taken. One of the most important safety precautions is to wear the proper eye protection. Safety glasses are a must-have for any woodworker.
There are a few things to look for when choosing safety glasses for woodworking. The first is to make sure the glasses fit properly. They should not be too loose or too tight. They should also be comfortable to wear for long periods of time.
The second thing to look for is that the glasses provide good coverage. They should cover your eyes completely and not have any gaps. The last thing to look for is that the glasses are made of a durable material. They should be able to withstand being dropped or knocked around without breaking.
The best safety glasses for woodworking are those that meet all of these criteria. They should fit well, provide good coverage, and be made of a durable material.
Once you know what you need, then choose one for yourself!
1. NoCry Clear Safety Glasses; with Adjustable Frames and No-Slip Grips
NoCry Safety Glasses are designed to protect your eyes from direct and peripheral threats. They have a strong and durable polycarbonate wraparound construction and protect your eyes from 90100 of harmful UV radiation. The side and nose pieces adjust to give you a perfect fit without the slipping, no matter the face type or head size. The Vanguard Plus double coated lenses offer 5x more fog resistance, 2x more scratch resistance, and no optical distortion so you can see better at all times. NoCry Safety Glasses are ideal for woodworking and carpentry, metal and construction work, lab and dental work, shooting, cycling, racquetball, or anywhere you need to wear PPE eyewear.
- STRONG, DURABLE DESIGN. Thanks to the tough, polycarbonate wraparound construction, these hard-wearing safety glasses provide superior eye protection from both direct and peripheral threats.
- LIGHT, COMFORTABLE AND ADJUSTABLE. These protective glasses have extendable arms and an adjustable soft nose pad so you always get the perfect fit. They're also armed with non-slip rubber grips so your protective eyewear stays on.
- VANGUARD PLUS COATING. Compared to most anti fog safety glasses, the premium coating on our eye protection glasses is 5x more fog resistant and 2x more scratch resistant. No fog, no scratch, and zero optical distortion.
- COMPLETE UV380 PROTECTION. The clear lenses block 90-100% of harmful UV radiation. They make great lab glasses, shooting glasses, and work glasses. They’re great for construction, dental work, cycling, racketball, woodworking and more.
- BUILT TO LAST. Your safety glasses for women and men come with a limited lifetime warranty. If there’s an issue, we’ll replace them or refund you because we stand behind the high quality of every product and we’ve got your back, no matter what.
2. NoCry Safety Glasses, UV400 Protection, ANSI Z87 & OSHA Certified
As a working professional, it’s important to protect your eyes from potential hazards. NoCry Safety Glasses UV400 Protection ANSI Z87 OSHA Certified provide dual protection against droplets, dust, and flying particles, as well as scratches to your prescription glasses. The wraparound design offers strong and durable protection, and the lenses have a clear UV 400nm scratch resistant coating. They are also ANSI Z871 and CSA Z943 safety certified OSHA approved, with the Z87 embossed on the frame.
The safety glasses are designed for comfort and fit most standard frames, up to 56in wide, 13in high on the sides, and 17in high at the center. The soft tips help to eliminate pressure behind your ears, and the extendable arms help to get the perfect fit. They are also versatile and can be worn for work or play.
To avoid scratches to your prescription glasses, make sure that no part of your own prescription lenses are in direct contact with the protective lenses of the OTG safety glasses. You can also wear these safety glasses on their own as oversized eye protection. If you have any problems, we offer hassle-free support and replacements.
- EYE PROTECTION FOR WORKING PROFESSIONALS. Get ready for the ultimate dual protection. Protect your eyes from droplets, dust and flying particles. Keep your prescription glasses safe from scratches. How is this possible? These “over the glasses” safety glasses fit most standard frames — up to 5.6in wide, 1.3in high on the sides and 1.7in high at the center — protecting both.
- STRONG, DURABLE WRAPAROUND DESIGN. The polycarbonate wraparound lenses protect you from the front and the sides. Here’s the best part: the lenses have a clear UV 400nm scratch resistant coating. This means they block out 90-100% of harmful UV radiation without causing any optical distortion. They’re durable too: ANSI Z87.1 and CSA Z94.3 safety certified, OSHA approved. ( Z87+ embossed on the frame).
- COMFORTABLE AND DESIGNED FOR YOU. Wearing a pair of safety glasses that fit over your eyeglasses can be a hassle. That’s why we added soft tips that eliminate pressure behind your ears and adjustable, extendable arms that help you get the fit just right. These thoughtful touches make this protective eyewear perfect for men, women, youth and anyone who wants to put the safety of their eyes and prescription glasses first.
- VERSATILE WORK AND PLAY PROTECTION. Confidently wear these eye protection glasses at the shooting range (after double-checking the local safety requirements of course). Or put them on for woodworking, construction, chemistry or science lab work, doing yard work, using power tools, and doing dental work. In short, wear them anywhere you’d like to use PPE glasses. You can even wear them for extra eye protection during travel.
- DON’T FORGET TO PROTECT YOUR PRESCRIPTION GLASSES. To avoid scratches, make sure that no part of your own prescription lenses are in direct contact with the protective lenses of the OTG safety glasses. (You can also wear these safety glasses on their own as oversized eye protection.) And —if you have any problems— get in touch. We offer hassle-free support and replacements.
3. YunTuo Anti-Fog, Protective Safety Glasses
There are a lot of pros and cons to wearing YunTuo AntiFog Protective Safety Glasses. Here are some of the most important ones:
- YunTuo AntiFog Protective Safety Glasses are made with a clear uncoated polycarbonate lens that is impact and scratch resistant, giving you crystal clear vision all the time.
- The goggles are comfortable to wear, with a soft wraparound PVC frame that fits over most prescription eyewear and an adjustable elastic strap that fits all head sizes.
- The goggles have four vents that allow maximum airflow while protecting against liquids, certain airborne particulates, and chemical splashes entering the eye area.
- The goggles are multipurpose and perfect for a variety of activities, including construction, shooting, industrial DIY projects, yardwork, hunting, fishing, woodworking, painting, and more.
- The goggles are not ANSI or OSHA certified.
- The goggles may not provide adequate protection against some higher-risk activities, such as construction work or shooting.
Overall, the pros of wearing YunTuo AntiFog Protective Safety Glasses far outweigh the cons. They are a great choice for a variety of activities, are comfortable and provide excellent vision clarity.
- Industrial Grade Protection - Our Protective Goggles Meets the requirements, designed for Industrial, Commercial, and Househould Duties.
- Anti-Fog & Crystal Clear - Made with a clear, uncoated, polycarbonate lens, impact and scratch Resistant, giving you crystal clear vision all the time.
- Comfortable Goggles - Soft, wrap-around PVC frame offers maximum comfort, fits over most prescription eyewear, adjustable elastic strap fits all head sizes, one-size-fits-all.
- Unique Venting - Four vents allow maximum airflow while protecting against liquids, certain airborne particulates and chemical splashentering the eye area.
- Multi-purpose Glassess - Perfect for Construction, Shooting, Industrial, DIY Projects, Yardwork, Hunting, Fishing, Woodworking, Painting, and More.
In addition to the top 3, there are
- 【ANTI FOG SAFETY GLASSES】The performance six-layer clear & anti-fog coating，scratch resistant coating with higher hardness Reduce deformation and effectively prevents fogging, avoiding the of fog in use，Affect vision，resulting in unnecessary trouble.
- 【MULTIFUNCTIONAL ADJUSTMENT】Ergonomic design, the angle of the goggles can be adjusted according to different foreheads (up to 30 degrees), the nose pads can be easily adjusted and the goggles feet can be adjusted .The high-quality lenses have anti-fog and UV functions, It is to achieve the most comfortable state.
- 【SAFETY GOGGLES OVER GLASSES】Oversized frame, you can wear a variety of larger size myopia glasses in the goggles, safety glasses. size: 5.5*1.85
- 【PROTECTIVE GLASSES FUNCTION AND APPLICABLE SCENARIOS】Suitable for a variety of outdoor activities and work lives to protect the eyes.For example: laboratory, medical eye protection, shooting, woodworking, metal, construction, cycling, car factory and ironworks DIY work, etc., it effectively protects eyes, anti-saliva, anti-sand, anti-dust, anti-pollen， Anti-metal fragments, anti-impact, anti-spark, anti-splash, etc.
- 【CERTIFICATE--MEET ANSI Z89 STANDARD】
- 【ANTI FOG LENS】: Double Anti-fog coated, untinted clear lenses mean no fogging up or optical distortion so you can see better at all times, Designed with your best interest at heart
- 【SCRATCH RESISTAHT】: Z87 Approved scratch resistant work glasses double coated, Safety Glasses keep your eyes safe from direct and peripheral threats with a strong and durable polycarbonate wraparound construction, untinted HD lenses for better visibility
- 【SUPERLIGHT & COMFORTABLE】: 0.88OZ lightweight safety glasses, made of premium material for lab,factory,warehouse and outside cycling,construction work, anywhere need to wear PPE eyewear, no matter the face type or head size
- 【SUPER CLEAR LENS】: High visual anti-scratch lens, ≥90% light are easily transmissed through our anti-fog safety glasses, Ideal for woodworking and carpentry, metal and construction work, lab and dental work, shooting, cycling, racquetball
- 【QUALITY WARRANTY】: 30 Days money back and quality warranty base on Amazon, SAFEYEAR stands behind every item we make. If there’s an issue with your glasses, we’ll make it right by replacing them or giving your money back, apply to all our DIY eye impacted safety goggles glasses
- BULK PACK OF 24 TINTED SAFETY GLASSES - Get 2x The Glasses at a Fraction of the Price!
- INDUSTRIAL GRADE PROTECTION - Our Protective Glasses Exceed ANSI Z87+ Standards. Impact & Ballistic Resistant.
- CRYSTAL CLEAR & SCRATCH RESISTANT - All of Our Safety Goggles Are Completely Scratch & Impact Resistant, Giving You Crystal Clear Vision With an Incredibly Long Shelf Life!
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND COMFORTABLE - We Specifically Designed Our Safety Glasses to Be as Comfortable As Possible. They're Extremely Lightweight, You'll Barely Notice Them!
- PERFECT FOR 100s OF USES - Including Construction, DIY Projects, Yardwork, Shooting, Hunting, Fishing, Lab Work, Woodworking, Medical & Dental Professionals, Painting, Nerf Wars, And So Much More!
- DUST DEFENSE: Foam gasket helps limit eye exposure to nuisance dust and other particles while providing additional cushioning.
- WRAP AROUND DESIGN provides extended eye protection and unobstructed viewing.
- ANTI-FOG LENS COATING and removable foam-lined gasket with airflow vents make this protective eyewear ideal for humid environments.
- CORDED EAR PLUG CONTROL SYSTEM: Unique temple design can keep eyewear and ear plugs attached, untangled, and ready to use. Corded ear plugs can double as a lanyard (ear plugs sold separately).
- ANSI Z87: Meets the High Impact Requirements of CSA Z94.3-2007 and the High Impact Requirements of ANSI Z87.1-2020.
Working with wood can be a fun and rewarding hobby, but it can also be dangerous. Without the proper safety equipment, you could end up with a serious injury. One of the most important pieces of safety equipment for woodworking is a good pair of safety glasses. Here are five frequently asked questions about safety glasses for woodworking:
1. What are the different types of safety glasses available for woodworking?
There are three main types of safety glasses available for woodworking: standard, wraparound, and welding. Standard safety glasses are the most common type, and they offer basic protection from debris and flying objects. Wraparound safety glasses wrap around your face to provide extra protection from projectiles, and welding safety glasses have a special lens that filters out harmful UV radiation.
2. What are the benefits of using safety glasses for woodworking?
The main benefit of using safety glasses for woodworking is that they protect your eyes from debris and flying objects. Safety glasses can also protect your eyes from UV radiation and other harmful chemicals.
3. What are the important features to look for in safety glasses for woodworking?
When choosing safety glasses for woodworking, you should look for glasses that have a wraparound design to provide extra protection, as well as glasses that have a UV filter to protect your eyes from harmful radiation.
4. What are the most common injuries associated with woodworking?
The most common injuries associated with woodworking are cuts, scrapes, and bruises. Safety glasses can help protect you from these injuries by providing extra protection from debris and flying objects.
5. What is the best way to care for safety glasses for woodworking?
The best way to care for safety glasses for woodworking is to clean them regularly with a mild soap and water. You should also store them in a safe place when not in use.