Scroll saw blades for aluminum come in a variety of shapes and sizes, each designed for a specific purpose. When choosing the best scroll saw blade for your project, it’s important to consider the type of aluminum you’re working with, as well as the thickness and hardness of the material.
There are two main types of scroll saw blades for aluminum: those designed for cutting soft aluminum and those designed for cutting hard aluminum. Soft aluminum is typically used in projects where a clean, smooth cut is not essential, such as in the construction of metal sculptures or in the creation of prototypes. Hard aluminum, on the other hand, is used in applications where a precise, clean cut is required, such as in the fabrication of electronic components or in the production of jewelry.
The thickness of the aluminum you’re working with will also affect the type of scroll saw blade you need. Thin aluminum is best cut with a blade designed for hard aluminum, while thicker aluminum can be cut with either a hard or soft aluminum blade. Keep in mind that the thicker the aluminum, the more difficult it will be to cut, so it’s important to choose a blade that’s up to the task.
Finally, the hardness of the aluminum will also dictate.
Based on the above criteria, please refer to the top ten Best Scroll Saw Blade For Aluminum that Bestsmarttool has compiled below!
1. HARFINGTON 24pcs Scroll Saw Blades 1.2mm Width High Carbon Steel Curved Sawing with Spiral Teeth for Wood Metal Plastic Cutting(8#)
Scroll saw blades are an important tool for any woodworker. There are many different types and sizes of blades, each designed for a specific purpose. High carbon steel blades are a popular choice for woodworkers, as they are sharp and resist loading.
Forged from high carbon steel, HARFINGTON 24pcs Scroll Saw Blades are finely machined for high hardness and strength. They have a high stability, solid structure, and are very practical. The blades are sharp and resist loading, which improves cutting speeds.
The HARFINGTON 24pcs Scroll Saw Blades are suitable for use on all types of soft and hardwood, carbon steel, copper, aluminum, and other metals, as well as plastic and acrylic. The blades come in different sizes, so you can choose the one that is best suited for the job at hand.
Always ensure the blade is taut before use, as a loose blade can break easily. When cutting harder materials, use a thinner blade for faster cuts. For softer materials or plastic, use a thicker blade for more stability.
- Saw Blade Set: Different size blades for different purposes. It is recommended to use 1#, 2#, and 3# saw blades for metal; 4#, 5#, 6#, and 7# for wood sawing; 8# for plastic sawing.
- Material: Forged from high carbon steel, finely machined for high hardness and strength. High stability, solid structure, very practical.
- Useful Tools: Sharp tooth resists loading and improves cutting speeds.
- Applications: It is used to cut all kinds of soft and hardwood, carbon steel, copper, aluminum and other metals, as well as plastic, acrylic plate, etc.
- Notice: The saw blade should be taut, otherwise it will break easily. The harder the thing, the thinner the saw blade. Choose a thin type for metal and a thick type for wood. The thinner the saw blade, the faster the saw. But for PPR and plastic, you need to use thick ones, because their chips are sticky, thin saw blades, small teeth, and easy to stick and slip.
2. FOXBC Coping Saw Blades for Metal Cutting, 6-1/2 Inch , 24TPI – 20 Pack
When it comes to metal cutting, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. Different materials require different blades, and even different blades can be better or worse for different applications. In this article, we’ll take a look at the pros and cons of FOXBC coping saw blades for metal cutting.
First, let’s talk about the pros. These blades are 612in long, so they can be used with most major common coping saws. They also have a flat wire frame for tensioning standard pin end coping saw blades. This helps to ensure a tight fit and accurate cuts.
The blades are also 24TPI, which makes them ideal for cutting through metal. They’re also precision-ground, so you can be sure that your cuts will be accurate and smooth.
Now, let’s talk about the cons. One downside of these blades is that they’re not particularly durable. They’re best suited for light-duty use, and they may not hold up well if you’re using them for heavy-duty applications.
Another downside is that they can be a bit expensive. But if you’re looking for a high-quality blade that can handle metal cutting with ease, then the price may be worth it.
Overall, the FOXBC coping saw blades are a great option for metal cutting. They’re precision-ground and 24TPI, making them perfect for the job. They may not be the most durable blades out there, but for light-duty use they’re tough to beat.
- Flat wire frame for tensioning standard pin end coping saw blades
- Blades are 6-1/2in. long & can be used with most major common coping saws
- coping saw blades for metal cutting
- Package Coping Saw Blades - 20 Pack 24TPI
3. MASTEC 10-Inch 100T Carbide Tooth TCG for Aluminum Saw Blade with 5/8-Inch Arbor
MASTEC 10Inch 100T Carbide Tooth TCG for Aluminum Saw Blade with 58Inch Arbor is a durable, smooth-cutting blade that is perfect for cutting aluminum, plexiglass, plastic, and nonferrous metals. This blade is widely used in miter saws, circular saws, and table saws. It comes with a 100% replacement guarantee, and any problems will be solved within 24 hours.
- 【Specification】:10-inch 100 Carbide Teeth 5/8-inch arbor
- 【Application】:Durable smooth cutting and clean cutting.
- 【TCG Tooth】:Triple Chip Teeth blade ideal for cutting Aluminum,Plexiglass,Plastic,Non-ferrous Metals.
- 【Machine use】:Widely used in Miter Saw,Circular Saw,Table Saw.
- 【Good Service】:Please contact us if you have any questions about this saw blade.We guarantee the 100% replacement.Any problems will be solved within 24 hours.
4. TOMAX 12-Inch 100 Tooth TCG Aluminum and Non-Ferrous Metal Saw Blade with 1-Inch Arbor
Are you looking for a saw blade that can cut through plastic, aluminum, and other nonferrous metals? If so, the TOMAX 12Inch 100 Tooth TCG Aluminum and NonFerrous Metal Saw Blade may be a good option for you. This saw blade is constructed with quality carbide teeth that provide maximum resistance for longer life. Additionally, the electrophoretic coating reduces rusting and corrosion. The TCG grind provides a durable and smooth cut on nonferrous metals, aluminum, and plastic items. Plus, the quality guarantee limited lifetime warranty by TOMAX makes this saw blade a great option for your next project.
- Ideal for cutting Plastic, Aluminum and Non-Ferrous Metals
- Construction grade carbide teeth provide maximum resistance for longer life
- Electrophoretic Coating reduces the rusting and corrosion
- TCG Grind for a durable and smooth cut on non-ferrous metals, aluminum, and plastic items
- Quality Guarantee, Limited Lifetime Warranty by TOMAX
5. Oshlun SBNF-120120 12-Inch 120 Tooth TCG Saw Blade with 1-Inch Arbor for Aluminum and Non Ferrous Metals
The Oshlun SBNF120120 12-inch 120 tooth TCG saw blade is designed for use with aluminum and non-ferrous metals. It has a negative hook angle, triple chip tooth grind, and precision ground carbide tips. The copper plugged expansion slots help keep the blade cool and minimize vibration.
The Oshlun SBNF120120 saw blade has several pros and cons.
The pros of the Oshlun SBNF120120 saw blade include:
- It has a negative hook angle, which helps to reduce blade binding and increase cutting performance.
- It has a triple chip tooth grind, which helps to produce smooth, clean cuts.
- The precision ground carbide tips provide superior sharpness and wear resistance.
- The copper plugged expansion slots help keep the blade cool and minimize vibration.
The cons of the Oshlun SBNF120120 saw blade include:
- It is a bit more expensive than other saw blades.
- It is not suitable for use with plastic or wood.
Overall, the Oshlun SBNF120120 12-inch 120 tooth TCG saw blade is a high-quality blade that is designed for use with aluminum and non-ferrous metals. It has a negative hook angle, triple chip tooth grind, and precision ground carbide tips that provide superior sharpness and wear resistance. The copper plugged expansion slots help keep the blade cool and minimize vibration.
- Professional Grade C-1 Carbide
- Negative Hook Angle
- Triple Chip Tooth Grind
- Precision Ground Carbide Tips
- Copper Plugged Expansion Slots
A scroll saw is a versatile woodworking tool that can be used for a variety of projects, including making intricate cuts and shapes. The saw is equipped with a thin blade that moves up and down to create the desired shapes. When working with aluminum, it is important to use a scroll saw blade that is specifically designed for the material.
Here are five FAQs about scroll saw blades for aluminum:
1. What are the benefits of using a scroll saw blade for aluminum?
A scroll saw blade for aluminum can provide several benefits, including:
- Greater accuracy and precision when cutting
- Cleaner cuts with less debris
- Longer blade life
2. What are the key features to look for when purchasing a scroll saw blade for aluminum?
When purchasing a scroll saw blade for aluminum, there are several key features to look for, including:
- The thickness of the blade
- The width of the blade
- The type of teeth on the blade
3. What are some common mistakes people make when using a scroll saw blade for aluminum?
There are a few common mistakes people make when using a scroll saw blade for aluminum, including:
- Choosing the wrong blade thickness
- Choosing the wrong blade width
- Choosing the wrong blade type
4. What are some tips for using a scroll saw blade for aluminum?
When using a scroll saw blade for aluminum, there are a few tips to keep in mind, including:
- Make sure the blade is the correct thickness for the material
- Make sure the blade is the correct width for the material
- Make sure the blade has the correct type of teeth for the material
5. What are some common projects that can be completed with a scroll saw blade for aluminum?
Some common projects that can be completed with a scroll saw blade for aluminum include:
- Making precision cuts in aluminum sheet metal
- Making intricate cuts in aluminum tubing
- Making decorative cuts in aluminum trim