If you are a lineman, you know that you need the best work gloves possible to do your job safely and effectively. Work gloves protect your hands from cuts, scrapes, and other injuries while you are working. There are many different types of work gloves available, so it can be difficult to know which ones are the best for linemen.
In this article, Bestsmarttool will introduce you to the best work gloves for lineman. We will discuss the different types of work gloves available and explain why each type is a good option for linemen. We will also provide a buyer’s guide to help you choose the right gloves for your needs.
So, let’s get started!
1. DEX FIT Level 5 Cut Resistant Gloves Cru553, 3D-Comfort Fit, Firm Grip, Thin & Lightweight, Touch-Screen Compatible, Durable, Breathable & Cool, Machine Washable; Green S (7) 1 Pair
There are pros and cons to every type of glove, and when it comes to cut resistant gloves, DEX FIT Level 5 Cut Resistant Gloves are some of the best on the market.
- They are extremely cut resistant, protecting your hands from cuts and punctures while handling sharp metals, knives, blade, glass, plastic sheet, paper, construction materials, mandolin slicer and cutting meat.
- They are comfortable all day long. Cru553 work gloves fit snug without constricting your fingers. The high performance, 13 gauge cool HPPE Spandex gives you secondskin manual dexterity and precision no matter the type of task.
- The NONSLIP EVEN IN LIGHT OIL UNDERWATER Waterbased foam nitrile rubber touch screen compatible coating is breathable and grippy even on greasy or wet surfaces. Passed FDA Food contact coating test.
- They are best indoor and outdoor cutresistant work gloves with grip. Ideal for men’s and women’s box handling, carving, construction cutting, electrical, fishing, gardening, glass handling, cutting, hvac, light lobster moving, oyster shucking, package handling, plumbing, sheet metal, stocking shelves, spearfishing, tools, trash, utility, warehouse, wood carving, whittling, woodworking, and more.
- They are not machine washable.
Overall, DEX FIT Level 5 Cut Resistant Gloves are some of the best on the market. They are extremely cut resistant, comfortable all day long, and have a non-slip grip. They are best indoor and outdoor cutresistant work gloves with grip.
- HIGHEST CUT PROOF. Protect your hands from cuts and punctures while handling sharp metals, knife, blade, glass, plastic sheet, paper, construction materials, mandolin slicer, and cutting meat. Qualified CE EN 388 4544, ANSI Cut A4
- COMFORTABLE ALL DAY LONG. Cru553 work gloves fit snug without constricting your fingers. Their 13-gauge cool yarn is made of HPPE and Spandex to give you second-skin dexterity, precision and protection
- HIGH PERFORMANCE IN ALL CONDITIONS. Need to grab slippery tools or knives? Our foam nitrile rubber coating is anti slip even on greasy or wet surfaces. Water based and touchscreen friendly, it passed the FDA food contact coating test
- FIVE SIZES FOR THE PERFECT FIT. These protective safety anti cut gloves come in size xsmall, small, medium, large, and extra-large for men, women, butcher, electrician, florist, machinist, and package handler
- IDEAL FOR WORKING OUTDOOR AND IN THE KITCHEN. Carpenters, construction, warehouse and all type of workers will find Cru553 useful for woodworking, wood carving, whittling, gardening and fishing. Best for all cooking, food prep, chefs and butchers' needs.
2. Klein Tools 40082 Work Gloves, Durable Soft Grain Leather Lineman Gloves with Padded Knuckles, Large
There’s no doubt that Klein Tools is a top brand in the tools industry. And when it comes to gloves, Klein doesn’t disappoint either with their 40082 Work Gloves.
These gloves are made of durable soft grain leather and have padded knuckles for extra protection. The gloves also have a classic Klein lineman logo featured on the cuff, as well as a comfortable fit with spandex back of hand.
The gloves are made in the USA, which is a big plus. And although they’re not the cheapest gloves on the market, they’re definitely worth the investment.
Overall, the Klein Tools 40082 Work Gloves are a great choice for anyone looking for a durable, high-quality pair of gloves. They’re perfect for linemen, construction workers, or anyone who needs extra protection for their hands.
- SOFT GRAIN LEATHER with reinforced leather palm and finger patches
- DURABLE PADDED KNUCKLES for extra protection
- CLASSIC KLEIN LINEMAN LOGO featured on the glove cuff
- COMFORTABLE FIT with spandex back of hand
- MADE IN USA
3. ShuangAn Electrical Insulated Lineman Rubber Gloves Electrician High Voltage Hand Shape Waterproof Safety Protective Work Gloves 12KV Insulating
There are many pros and cons of ShuangAn Electrical Insulated Lineman Rubber Gloves Electrician High Voltage Hand Shape Waterproof Safety Protective Work Gloves 12KV Insulating. Some of the pros are that they are made of the finest dielectric natural rubber, have superior dielectric properties, are more durable, flexible, and comfortable. They are also suitable for electrician linemen work and highvoltage machine operations. Some of the cons are that they are not machine washable and may not be suitable for everyone.
Overall, the ShuangAn Electrical Insulated Lineman Rubber Gloves Electrician High Voltage Hand Shape Waterproof Safety Protective Work Gloves 12KV Insulating are a great choice for anyone looking for a quality pair of gloves that will provide superior protection and comfort. They are perfect for electrician linemen work and highvoltage machine operations.
- Ergonomic contoured shape to help reduce hand fatigue and chafing.
- Finest dielectric natural rubber, superior dielectric properties, increased durability, flexibility and comfort.
- Test voltage: 12000V; Under 3000V as a basic security appliances and 3000V-8000V as auxiliary security appliances.
- Suitable for electrician lineman work and high-voltage machine operations, etc.
- Length 14 inch, Width 4 1/2 inch (Wrist)/ 6 3/4 inch (Cuff), fit for most hand size.
4. MAGID Leather Lineman Electrical Protector Work Gloves, 1 Pair, Size 11, 1260411, for Use with Rubber Insulated Gloves
The MAGID Leather Lineman Electrical Protector Work Gloves are a great option for those working with rubber electrical insulation gloves. They are constructed from all pearl kid leather for superior durability and have a pull strap and plastic buckle for the easiest wear. Additionally, these gloves are electrical gloves for use with rubber electrical insulation gloves.
- Constructed from all pearl kid leather for superior durability
- Pull strap and plastic buckle for easiest wear
- Electrical gloves
- For Use With Rubber Electrical Insulating Gloves
5. MAGID Leather Lineman Electrical Protector Work Gloves, 1 Pair, Size 12, 60611PS12, For Use With Rubber Insulated Gloves
If you’re an electrician, you know the importance of protecting your hands while working with electricity. And if you’re looking for a good pair of gloves to do the job, you might consider the MAGID Leather Lineman Electrical Protector Work Gloves.
Made from durable cowhide leather, the gloves feature a high-voltage protector that can keep your hands safe up to 14,000 volts. They also have a 12-inch length, which is ideal for protecting your hands and arms from electrical shocks.
The gloves are also designed to be used with rubber insulated gloves, providing an extra layer of protection against electrical shocks.
So, what are the pros and cons of the MAGID Leather Lineman Electrical Protector Work Gloves?
Here are some of the pros:
- The gloves are made from durable cowhide leather, providing you with good protection against electrical shocks.
- They feature a high-voltage protector that can keep your hands safe up to 14,000 volts.
- The gloves are also designed to be used with rubber insulated gloves, providing an extra layer of protection against electrical shocks.
And here are some of the cons:
- The gloves are a bit on the expensive side.
- They might be a bit too large for people with smaller hands.
- High-voltage protector glove
- 12 inch
- Electrical gloves
- For Use With Rubber Electrical Insulating Gloves
6. MAGID Class 00 Lineman Electrical Insulated Rubber Gloves, 1 Pair, Size 9, 14 inches Long, M0014B9
Looking for a reliable pair of gloves to protect your hands while working with electricity? Check out MAGID Class 00 Lineman Electrical Insulated Rubber Gloves!
These gloves are made of natural rubber latex and are rated to withstand up to 500 volts of AC electricity. They also have a test voltage of up to 2,500 volts. The gloves have a straight cuff and are size 9-14 inches long.
So, what are the pros and cons of these gloves?
Here are some of the pros:
- The gloves are made of natural rubber latex, which is a durable material.
- The gloves are rated to withstand up to 500 volts of AC electricity.
- The gloves have a test voltage of up to 2,500 volts.
- The gloves have a straight cuff.
Here are some of the cons:
- The gloves may not be suitable for those with latex allergies.
- The gloves may not be suitable for those with small hands.
Overall, the MAGID Class 00 Lineman Electrical Insulated Rubber Gloves are a good option for those looking for a reliable pair of gloves to protect their hands while working with electricity.
- Electrical Insulating Lineman Gloves: Insulating gloves protect against electrical hazards; Ideal for lineman, electricians, field service work and more.
- ARC Flash Class 00: Designed for low-voltage applications; Electrical safety gloves protect up to 500 Volts AC/750 Volts DC.
- Non-Conductive Rubber Material: Red gloves are made from dielectric natural rubber latex; Superior dielectric properties and improved flexibility.
- Extended Coverage: Gloves measure 11” long for extended coverage beyond the wrist; Features a straight cuff with a rolled edge for easy wear and removal.
- Color Coded Design: Red color of the gloves indicate the level of voltage protection; Quickly confirm you’ve selected the right gloves with a glance.
Working as a lineman can be a dangerous job, with the potential for electric shocks and cuts. That’s why it’s important to wear the right gloves when working. Here are five frequently asked questions about the best work gloves for linemen.
1. What are the best work gloves for linemen?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best gloves for linemen will vary depending on the individual’s needs. However, some general tips include choosing gloves that are strong and durable, with a good grip. They should also be comfortable to wear and provide protection against electrical shocks and cuts.
2. Are leather gloves suitable for linemen?
Leather gloves can be a good choice for linemen, as they are strong and durable. However, they may not provide as much protection against electrical shocks as some other types of gloves.
3. What are the benefits of using gloves?
Gloves can provide a range of benefits for linemen, including:
- Protection against electrical shocks
- Protection against cuts and other injuries
- Increased grip and safety when working with tools
- Comfort and insulation in cold weather
4. What are the dangers of working without gloves?
Working without gloves can expose linemen to a range of dangers, including:
- Electrical shocks
- Cuts and other injuries
- Frostbite in cold weather
5. How often should linemen replace their gloves?
This will vary depending on the type of gloves and how often they are used. However, it is generally recommended that gloves be replaced every six months to a year.